Thread: Youtube videos buffer too much on Windows Xp

Youtube videos buffer too much on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. I used Internet Explorer 7 as my web browser in order to access internet. Videos used to work fine, but now the problem is that i'm getting a problem where it buffers a min of video before it starts to play. It used to start instantly with less of the video buffered. i have re-installed flash and tired other browser, clear in cache but nothing worked. The only thing that has worked is if i run IE inside a virtual PC. So, can any one tell me that why Youtube videos buffer too much on Windows Xp? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Youtube videos buffer too much on Windows Xp

Is it possible to set the embedded video to start buffering on main page load? Try this with almost any HD content and you'll see pretty much the same thing. If your YouTube is slow, stuck or weird, and people suggest you either change or install stuff. It may be that YouTube isn't working right because I sometimes too have those problems. Transmissions from YouTube to your computer are done in multiple tiny packets of data and flash at a time.

I have my video embedded about halfway down a page of text, and it would be great to use the time the user spends reading that text to start buffering the video.The yellow line marks a point on the timeline where overlay ads will appear. You'll see them on most partner videos, they're the ads that pop up on the bottom of the player as you're watching the video.

Since it's streaming, the player starts when it thinks it has enough buffered, based on the speed of your connection, that it can play and the buffering can continue at the same speed so it can play continuously. With SpeedBit Video Accelerator installed, your browser’s connection to specific streaming video server is being rerouted through the Video Accelerator Daemon.

Unlike the normal browser connection, the Daemon uses a unique patent pending technology, that substitutes the single connection with a sophisticated multi-connection algorithm. You don't need to fool around with java scripts, flash players, firewall settings, anti-virus utilities, active X controls, pop-up blockers or different browsers.

The speed you get to a given server depends on the path you get to that server. If your YouTube continues to behave slow, stuck or strange, it's very possible that your directories of "temporary internet files" and memory (often times called "cache") are full to the maximum. "Temporary internet files" are tiny bits of webpages that get permanently put on your hard-drive. They'll stay there forever and ever, slowly plugging up your computer until you get rid of them, or "clear your cache".