Thread: What is Google Translation Browser Buttons?

What is Google Translation Browser Buttons?

I have heard the news about the Google translator. Exactly what is Google translation browser button? Is it possible to translate the whole website in to another language? If it is possible than what are the language supported by the Google. I mean in how many language we can translate the website using Google. Can anybody help me with this issue? If possible give me more details about Google translation browser buttons.

Re: What is Google Translation Browser Buttons?

Yes it is possible to translate a website on the fly. Google provides a functionality known as Google Translate through which a user can translate a whole document in to another language. Now there is no need to copy and paste large blocks of text for the translating purpose. Users just have to submit the file as a PDF, DOC, PPT, TXT, RTF or XLS.

Google translator works without the interference of human translators. This system takes a different approach. Google feed the computer with billions of words of text, both monolingual text in the target language, and aligned text consisting of examples of human translations between the languages.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The languages which are supported by Google translator are mentioned below:
    Afrikaans, Albanian,Arabic,,Belarusian,Bulgarian ,Catalan ,Chinese, (Simplified), Chinese Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English ,Estonian,Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician,German ,Greek ,Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian ,Icelandic,Indonesian ,Italian ,Irish,Japanese ,Korean ,Latvian ,Lithuanian ,Macedonian ,Malay, Maltese,Norwegian, Persian,Polish,Portuguese ,Romanian ,Russian ,Serbian, Slovak ,Slovenian, Spanish ,Swahili,Swedish, Thai ,Turkish,Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh ,Yiddish .

If user wants to translate the entire web page it can be done directly from Google Translate. Users just have to enter the uniform resource locator of the website. If user moves the mouse over the translated text, the original text for the highlighted section is displayed in an information bubble just above the translated text. To get the same view back user have to just click on the original radio button.

If you do not want to translate the webpage using google translate. Then you have just insert this HTML code in your HTML file. <meta name="google" value="notranslate">. If you don't mind your web page being translated by Google Translate, except for a particular section (like an email address, for example), just add "class=notranslate" to any HTML element to prevent that element from being translated. For example:
    Email us at <span class="notranslate"> something at the rate dot vom </span>