Thread: Internet connection Failure in Windows 7 with LiveBox Orange

Internet connection Failure in Windows 7 with LiveBox Orange

Hello everyone,

I use my PC connected to the Internet via a Livebox Orange configured DHCP server. On Vista everything works fine for several months without any failure. Since I installed the RC 7100 Windows 7, Internet connection stops working after an hour session of (systematic failure). Even after the occurrence of this failure the LiveBox remains accessible through my browser and its config page says it is connected to the Internet. Besides, my laptop under XP and connected to WiFi Livebox access the internet properly. Repair Tool for Windows network detects a non-existent Internet connectivity but can not find a solution. Reboot the PC does not change anything ... The only way to get a good connection is to turn off then on again LiveBox ...

Thank you for your help to solve this problem all the more irritating, I found on Windows 7, which is an OS more efficient and enjoyable as Vista ...

Re: Internet connection Failure in Windows 7 with LiveBox Orange

Make sure the options of energy management are disabled for your ethernet card.

Windows + Break > Device Manager> Network Adapters> ethernet card> properties> tab power management and everything off.

This should solve your problem until a certified driver Windows 7 for your exact model of card.

Thank you for your reply. Actually I did both manip following:

1 - Update the driver of the NIC of my CM MSI directly on the site with a Realtek driver "Certified for Windows 7"

2 - Disable anything that resembles power options in the config says driver (not very clear because there is no tab, but rather several options in the advanced properties driver).

What surprises me is that to reboot the PC and then the PC's network card does not solve the problem.

To solve it we must, in order: turn off the PC, reboot the PC with LiveBox off and turn on the PC ... Also when the connection PC <-> Livebox does not work, any PC running XP continues to connect without problem. In short, I feel that there is indeed a driver problem on your motherboard but, perhaps, I think you need to be a concern more about firmware on LiveBox connected to a PC running Windows 7. You need to first upgrade your firmware then try connecting to pc. Or use Use the Ethernet cable to access the livebox and copy and copy the number of WEP on your wireless software so that you do not make any mistakes. Then go to the security settings of the livebox and the change from WEP, WPA, WPA only