Thread: How to install Internet Explorer in Ubuntu 7

How to install Internet Explorer in Ubuntu 7

Okay I am new to this Ubuntu and I am missing Internet Explorer. I am very much used to using Internet Explorer, have been using Internet Explorer from a very very long time. And now I got this Dell Computer in gift from my cousin which is pre loaded with Ubuntu7. I am happy with Ubuntu7 and its default browser which is Mozilla Firefox. But I want Internet Explorer in this Ubuntu computer. Is it possible. Can some please guide me.

Install two components Wine and Cab extract

It is possible to install Internet Explorer in Ubuntu without any problem. But then there are some changes which are required to be made and some commands which should be run and that will help you to install Internet Explorer. You need to type in the given command.
    "sudo aptitude install wine cabextract"
    And then to complete it you have to download Internet Explorer. To do so type the given command
    tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
    cd ies4linux-*
    ./ies4linux
    And then press "Y" and hit Enter.
    And that's it.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Completed IE installation

I completed the installation of Internet Explorer by following the steps given but then it took a very long time to do so. And i have noticed one thing that after installing my computer has become bit slow and is not running as fast as it did before installing Internet Explorer. Is there any bug with this version of Internet Explorer for ubuntu. Or is it normal. Can some one please help me out.

No problem with IE

As you said that you are experiencing some change in the speed of the computer then let me tell you it is not related to Internet Explorer. And Ubuntu is free of any virus threats. So even if there is any bug in Internet Explorer Ubuntu version then too it will not harm your computer. So you once again check if you are running some more applications with Internet explorer.