Thread: Unable to connect to ESPN Website

Unable to connect to ESPN Website

I don't know what is wrong, is it my computer or my internet connection. From 2 to 3 days i don't know why but I am not able to open ESPN website. Its not only ESPN but also many other Websites like of any bank or financial institute. I am using Internet Explorer some of my friends suggested me to use Mozilla Firefox but still I am not able to connect to ESPN website. I have another computer as well and I am able to connect to ESPN and all the other websites through that computer, but then why not on both the computers. Please help.

Check DNS settings

Now over here check the DNS settings of the computer on which you are not able to connect on different websites. You have to flush DNS of your computer. Click on Start > Run > then type in cmd. Now a black DOS window should open up. Now type the given command ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter key on your keyboard. Now you should get a message saying "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache". now type exit and press Enter key. Now that DOS window should close. Now restart your computer and this should solve the issue.

Fluching DNS did not help

I tried the steps given but that did not help as well. I flushed DNS settings and it was successfully flushed also, I restarted my computer but still i was not able to surf on those same websites on which I was not able to before also. One of my friend asked me to check DNS manually in Control Panel. So I did that and there was selected option of take DNS manually and there was nothing mentioned in the textbox below. So then i changed it to automatically but still no go. I am still not able to surf on all websites.

Release/Renew IP address

As you said that you have flushed DNS but that did not helped. And the DNS was also not mentioned in control panel. And you changed it to automatic. Now I guess you have to do one more change and that should resolve your issue. Try to Release and Renew IP address. To do so Click on Start then Run and type in "cmd" and then the DOS window should open up now in that type ipconfig /release. And then press Enter key, then type ipconfig /flushdns, and then press Enter key, and type ipconfig /renew, and then again press Enter key. Now then type exit and the DOS window should close. Now reboot your your computer and this should help you to surf on all the websites.