Thread: MS09-072 update not recognized by Internet Explorer 8 in windows 7

MS09-072 update not recognized by Internet Explorer 8 in windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. I have an internet connection enabled in the system with broadband. I use internet explorer 8 as my web browser. The problem is that I have installed an update for internet explorer 8 that is MS09-072 and it is unrecognized by the browser. Why is this happening? Please help.

Re: MS09-072 update not recognized by Internet Explorer 8 in windows 7

As the MS09-072 update is not recognized by the browser it is quite an issue associated with the KB 976325 update. You need to double check for this update. This might not be properly configured in your system for the browser that you are using. Verify by checking for the browser issue that the update can be causing problem due to improper configuration of the browser. This has to be taken into check. This should work for you then.

The security settings may be a problem that might be causing this issue. You have to keep a check or modify the security settings that is been enabled in your system. It could be the antivirus or firewall program that is restricting the update to get activated to the browser. The security might be neutralizing the vulnerabilities that is been downloaded or accessed via internet and disallows the user to install anything. This can be the issue.

It can be that the system that is been downloaded with the update may not be responding with the browser as the software application that is Internet explorer 8 may be damaged or might have gone corrupted in your system. It may be due to any external entity that might have acted. You need to uninstall the application and then re install the software again in order to work with the update by uploading it to the registry of the software. Hopefully the problem would then be sorted out.

Troubleshooting the software application should help the system to work on and make the relevant changes to work with the update henceforth. You can do it by disabling the Microsoft services that is been activated in your system by following the steps:.

* Click on the start button.
    * Go to the run command and type msconfig.
    * Hit enter.
    * Select the selective startup option and check the box of Hide all Microsoft services.
    * Click on disable option.
    * Apply the changes and then restart the system

There could be some virus issue that is been not allowing the software to recognize and use update feature in its registry. You need to check out for the malware or the virus that is been affecting the system by running a scan wizard using a good antivirus application tool. This shall detect the threat and then remove it from the system. After that uninstall the application and then re install it again. This should then work.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain