Thread: Extensions Installation In Google Chrome

Extensions Installation In Google Chrome

Hello, I am having Windows XP service pack 2 on my computer and few days back I have installed the Google Chrome on my computer and now I have read that Google Chrome is now officially supporting for the different extensions. This will definitely increase the popularity of the browser. But, I don't know how to install extensions for Google Chrome, so please if anyone has already installed in on your Google Chrome then please tell me how to install them on my web browser.

Re: Extensions Installation In Google Chrome

If you wanted to install extensions for your Google Chrome then you need to follow the steps below:
    • First thing you need to do is that just download the Dev Channel installer from internet and then install it.
    • Now you need to open extension manager by typing in chrome://extensions/ in the location bar of a new tab.
    • When you make download for the extension for your Google chrome then you need to download it as CRX (Chrome Extension Installer) files.
    • Now click on to the install and you will able to download the whole package of extension and then install it.
    • If your extension is valid then you will able to get the confirmation within the Installed extensions section.
    • If you want to uninstall the Extension then you can simply double click on it.
    • Done.

For installation of the Extensions on your Google Chrome you need to download that first. When you download that particular Extensions then you can simply install those with the help of following steps:
    1. Use the Dev Channel installer on your computer.
    2. Open extension manager by clicking the wrench icon and then Extensions.
    3. Now drag and drop extensions from the hard drive to the browser window and click on save.
    4. If you want to check whether your extensions are valid or not then you can check it in Installed extensions section.
    5. If you want to uninstall the Extension then you can simply double click on it.

Same problem here. I am using windows xp operating system on my computer and using Google Chrome for web browsing. I have downloaded the new Extensions for my Google Chrome from internet and wanted to install them on my browser, but I don't know the way by using which I can able to install them on my web browser. So, if anyone is having steps for installing them on my Google Chrome then please give me that.

If you want to install the Extensions In your Google Chrome then you need to use the steps below:

• Change the shortcut for your Google chrome by right clicking it and then select properties.
    • Now move to the Shortcut tab and add –enable-extensions in new window.
    • Click Ok.
    • Now again open the chrome windows.
    • Done.

I have following list of extensions for Google Chrome:
    1. Chromed Bird Extension
    2. Twitter Ticker Extension
    3. Twitter Share Extension
    4. Stick Notes Extension
    5. Page Rank Checker
    6. Google Bookmarks Extension
    7. Google Toolbar Extension
    8. Alarm Clock Extension
    9. Delicious Extension
    10. Toons Buttons Extension
    11. Mouse Gesture
    12. Twitter Extension
    13. Animate Weather Extension
    14. YouTube Download
    15. HelperGoogle Reader Extension
    16. Gtalk Extension

Though Google Chrome has launched the option of Extensions for the Google Chrome web browser, it is available with only Dev version of google chrome. And it is risk to use dev version, as it is not stable as beta version. If you are using the Dev version then open it and click on setting. Now overhear click on About Google Chrome and press on Update Now. After completion of update edit the shortcut to add the –enable-extensions parameter. Double click on it and click here for getting the samples of extensions. And you will able to install the Google chrome Extensions