Thread: Installing vbulletin using EasyPHP on localhost

Installing vbulletin using EasyPHP on localhost

Hi,

I'm installing vBulletin on my pc (localhost) using easyPHP, first i have tried lot with installing PHP5, mysql and Apache server seperatley and copying the vBulletin upload folder files in htdoc folder (root folder) of Apache server and configuring the php and apache and vBulletin config files but always had the database error. Now someone advice me to install the easyphp which comes in the bundle of all 3 (mysql,php and apache) and said that with it i'll be able to install vBulletin easily. But i don't know where to upload my vBulletin files in easyphp folder coz its not having htdoc inside Apache2 folder of EasyPHP . Any ideas?

Re: Installing vbulletin using EasyPHP on localhost

Have you tried by reading teh EasyPHP help file? there should be something to guide to you. Can you see the http://localhost/ in your browser? what it does show? And FYI database error happens when you don't grant the permission to your root user over your created database for vbuleltin, and also you should always create new database by using mysql command line. If you are doing it for first time then take the help of vbulletin FAQ guide.

First off, if you're looking for an easy installation of Apache, MySQL, and PHP then look no further EasyPHP is right choice for you. Now come on your query, when you install EasyPHP your root folder is WWW, create vBulletin folder inside that as you create in htdocs. And do the rest of the installation with same procedure with configuring the config files of vbulletin and htconf etc

XAMPP vs EAsyPhp

I'll suggest you to use the XAMPP instead of EAsyPHP hence its more easy and its installation package includes the Apache web server, MySQL, PHP, Perl, a FTP server and phpMyAdmin. I'm using XAMPP from long time and also had use the easyphp, i prefer XAMPP over EAsyPhp.

Quote Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
    I'll suggest you to use the XAMPP instead of EAsyPHP hence its more easy and its installation package includes the Apache web server, MySQL, PHP, Perl, a FTP server and phpMyAdmin. I'm using XAMPP from long time and also had use the easyphp, i prefer XAMPP over EAsyPhp.

EasyPHP offers an environment much lighter than XAMPP, but XAMPP gives you more development tools than EasyPHP. EasyPHP gives very basic tools stress is exclusively for development purposes only. So EasyPHP is lighter but XAMPP is the most complete package, though both are good.