Thread: Cannot access Internet using D-Link DIR 615 router

Cannot access Internet using D-Link DIR 615 router

Hello friends, I really need your help on this. I use internet connection which is provided by a Clearwire Wimax cable modem made by Motorola. I have a toshiba laptop which is wifi enabled. Recently i bought a router which is D-link DIR 615. I want to access internet on my laptop via router which is connected to the cable modem. I able to connect my laptop to the router but i am not able to access the internet. My laptop has a Realtek NIC which supports wifi.
    Operating System used is Windows XP. Please suggest some solutions.

Re: Cannot access Internet using D-Link DIR 615 router

Please check the configuration of your network topology. I think there must be some configuration missing which is creating the problem. Check the connectivity of the devices one by one that will help you in determining where the problem is. Check if the router connects to the modem properly. Then check if the laptop is establishing connection with the router or not. If all the devices are connecting to each other, then there is definitely some problem with the configuration.

I suppose that you must have got some network management software with the router. Install this software which will help you in configuring the router properly. If the software is not available with you then download a Network Magic software which helps in configuring the router and also managing the network.

Many Internet Providers track the MAC addresses. Tracking MAC address helps them in differentiating services to different users. As you have added the router recently that is what is creating problem. Resetting the Modem will do the trick. Resetting the modem will refresh the MAC address of the immediately connected device and it will start providing services to the Router. After resetting the modem, you will be able to access the Internet.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Follow these steps and you will be able to access internet through your router. Switch off all the devices (Modem, router, Laptop). Now switch on the modem first. Wait for the lights to become stable. Then Turn on the router and wait for the lights to be stable. Then turn on the wifi on the laptop and connect it to the router. Once connected to router try to access the internet. It will work

I think the NIC is not functioning properly while communicating with the router. Check the NIC with a self loop test by pinging it software loop back address. Check the drivers which are installed for the NIC and update them if necessary. Open device manager and check if there is any question mark sign against the network controller. If there is then right click on it and select troubleshoot. Follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the problem.