Thread: Why we should not use 1and1.com

Why we should not use 1and1.com

I have registered my company's website with the 1and1.com since i have read many t advertisements in magazines but it doesn't mean they are good . So you have to be careful in if you are signing with anyone. If you don't trust me open google and type 1and1 ratings or 1and1 reviews see what you find for yourself. I know that after seeing all that you will never use this scumbag company again if they offer it for free also?
    Last edited by Welsh; 21-12-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Re: Why we should not use Use 1and1.com

I have also used the 1and1.com services for a few years now. I complained a lot It does not matter to them . Also They are always in a habit of bouncing my incoming emails periodically. They do not have any suitable reason for it.last but not the least they are charging then compared to many companies which are better than 1and1

Re: Why we should not use Use 1and1.com

I have also been with 1and1.com but was fed up of their worthless services. But now if you want to change then you may subscribe HostMonster.com . Because they provide very good services including 24/7 support .If you want save money check for heck out hostingplanrebates.com . Hostgator is also a very good option. For dedicated or vps check out HostICan, Lunarpages, HostGator.com

Re: Why we should not use 1and1.com

Initially in the year 1999 the 1and1 service was good. But now they have become very rude towards the customer ,the least customer friendly and the most incompetent company on earth. They keep on bouncing complaint emails. They even bother to answer these complaints. Also they could not solve the technical queries because they have shifted their technical support to India where the operator s are used to work offline. They also try to give us a legal threat if not paid in advance for the domain names you are no longer in need but which they deem to not have expired and hence they charge you for that.
    This kind of disregard of even basic customer service and their inability to understand that mistreating their customers is going to rebound deserves a robust customer response where we vote with our credit cards. I am of the opinion that this company can go out of business with in a short span of time.

I can say that I had a different kind of experience at 1and1 . I am also a customer of 1and1.com at that time i frequently ran into trouble initially and they have helped me a lot with quality technical support. I can't say that they are perfect. but you can rely on them when i came across this thread , I started recollecting my past experience with the company. I agree that they are a bit expensive but they provide a quality support. they also have free domain identity blocking. For this important feature you would be charged at godaddy.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I had also been sent to collections for a pre-paid account that I was rung through the ringer when trying to cancel. They did not have any sort of quality support .it is needless to say this sunk my FICO and lenders now don't want to touch me because I have this $30 collection on my credit history. I tried over two weeks on the phone and wrote letters and emails with 1and1 and NCO (the credit agency) trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I'm now working with the government officials to try to get this matter resolved.

So get ready for all this before doing business with 1and1. This company makes it extremely difficult to close your accounts and when you do close your account, they refer you for collections. if you are doing business with 1and1 your credit will be forever affected which makes it impossible for you to ever buy a car, house, or get any type of a loan because of their extremely aggressive policies.