Thread: How to send EXE file through yahoo mail

How to send EXE file through yahoo mail

Hi,

I am a program developer and using yahoo mail to send any description and content to client. Most of time i have executable file which i build and send to client through attachment, but yahoo mail service does not allow this. It cannot upload the .exe file. Can anybody know that how can i send the executable file on yahoo. Please suggest.

Make archive file to send exe file.

If you are using yahoo mail service, you can not send any executable file as attachment. You need to make archive file of exe file. If you are using windows operating system, Just right click on that file and go to sent to option, there will be compressed ZIP and click on it. Then you can find that the new file named file.zip. You need to rename the file name file.zip to file.myfile and upload on yahoo mail.

Make archive as WINRAR

If you have WINRAR software then just pack the exe file to winrar. After that it will convert to RAR archive file that is on compressed format. Just try to rename .rar file to .myfile and upload the file as attachments to your yahoo mail.
    I already tried this method and got success to send executable file.

Create exe file in microsoft word

You can also use Microsoft word to send exe file by mail. You just need to microsoft word 2003 above version . In microsoft word , Go to file and create new document, then click on insert and then object . In object window , Click on browse and select your exe file and save to your file as a anyfile .doc. Then you can attache this Microsoft file containing executable file to your yahoo mail.

Rename the file extension.

There is also one option to send exe file as attachments without any software. You just need to rename your file.exe to file.myfile and upload to the yahoo mail. But aware the recipent to download and rename the filename '.myfile.'to '.exe'. This is good trick to send executable file.

Use third party online service

You can also use third party online service and share the file download link via e mail. There are many free online service like Mega Upload and Media fire website. You need to just upload the exe file on that . But it is not secure way because anybody download the file if they search file name on website.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain