Thread: YouTube Not Working on Firefox and google Chrome

YouTube Not Working on Firefox and google Chrome

As usual I was watching videos on the Youtube on my computer yesterday it suddenly stopped .Then I started it again it played for 10 to 12 seconds and then it stopped again . I tried re-installing the flash player but it proved to be of no use. I have also disabled all plugins except for Flash and still no go. Can anybody help me to fix this problem ?
    Last edited by Breath; 19-12-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Re: YouTube Not Working on Firefox and google Chrome

I was also facing a similar kind of problem with the google chrome , but it worked fine with Mozilla Firefox , not with google chrome. Try using it with the latest version of Mozilla Firefox since it plays the youtube videos exceptionally well. So I think your problem will get solved if you start using Mozilla Firefox .

Hi Techno1 ,
    I think that you have not read the question properly So, I once again specify the question my question is that I cannot play Youtube videos on both the mozilla firefox and the google chrome . so why are you suggesting me to use Mozilla Firefox. I have already used it.

You are facing this problem because your Computer is affected by some virus or malware. So I think your system is corrupted . Just try to re-install both Mozilla Firefox as well as the google Chrome. If this does not help try formatting your computer and reinstall the operating system then install the Mozilla and the google chrome.

I was suffering from the same problem unless I figured out that the whole problem was being caused by the Google Web Accelerator software that I had downloaded for speeding up downloads. Apparently it has corrupted the google chrome browser . Just uninstall Google Web Accelerator and you should be good. Google Chrome is supposed to be inherently faster anyways.
    Hope this works
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I think that this problem is quite a common amongst most of the youtube lovers
    Firstly,Check your anti virus.

Please perform these steps to get rid of this shit without disabling the web protection :
    Personally i am using Kaspersky
    Please perform these steps to get rid of this shit:
    1.Go to the web protection tab, then click on "configure",
    2.Click on "customize", then change the traffic scan method from "buffering scan" to "streaming scan".
    3.Now restart google chrome, and it should work fine.

This is a what worked for for my problem, and it may give some hints about where to look for those who don't use Kaspersky, I assume other antivirus may behave the same way.

Or it could be that YouTube is using the patented H.264 codec that Mozilla does not wish to support due to its expensive licensing (look up H.264#Controversies on Wikipedia for some of the details).

The war against freedom is already on.