Thread: How to launch external apps from Mozilla Firefox?

How to launch external apps from Mozilla Firefox?

Hey. I f i need to access the external application i.e. Notepad etc at the time of the browsing, can i? If there is any way then tell me so that i can use that for my Mozilla Firefox. Or is there any method so that i can create a customized launch button which will display the application for me. Help me with the solution so that i can access the application other then the Firefox. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to launch external apps from Mozilla Firefox?

If you are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser then i can help you with the add on which will help you to open the application out of the Firefox and enhance you with the facility to edit the same. So download it and see that it is same which you are looking for. Say thanks if you liked the idea. Bye

It is really a cool add on which will help to use the application which does not from the Firefox and can be edit the application. For that you have to follow the below given step and the it will be very easy to do the same. So go with procedure.
    1. Open the Mozilla Firefox
    2. And then go to the tools
    3. Now Click on the Add on
    4. A window will appear write External Application Buttons mod to that and enter
    5. A list of the application will appear. Select the same
    6. It will install and ask to restart the Firefox
    7. Now you can use it

Hi there, Download it by the method which is given above but to use it you have to take the following. Just go to the toolbar and right click on it. Here you will find three option. Click on the customize and you will notice that it opens a window with the lots of the button. Look for the "External Application Buttons mod" and drag it to the toolbar for the use of the external application. Thats all i can help you with the same. Thanks

After you finish with the adding the application to the tool bar i will suggest you the method to use it. You can use the two method to apply the external application to the add on. The first one is that right click on the menu and select the new button which will allow you to browse the external application. Or you can another method which is just the drag and drop the application to the menu. That all i can help you. Bye

Hey, i can help you with the method by which you can add the extension to the toolbar and it is really helpful to use the application directly from the Toolbar. So go through the procedure given bellow and see the changes you have made.
    • Go to the View menu from the menu bar.
    • The click on the toolbar it will display another list
    • Click on the Customize from the list
    • Now select the add on from the windows
    • Click on add to add it to the toolbar.
    • Click on finish to close the window

the mod 0.7 version by bushwhacker has make the addon working on firefox 2.0.x version, but not fully working with firefox 3.0.x and 3.5 ( well, in 3.0.x, add new button menu doesnt work, in firefox 3.5, even worse, with the bug #485379 almost made it unable to work) , so I made changes to this addon and made it compatible with new firefox. Thank you

Hey thanks to all for sharing this great knowledge about the use of the external application on the Firefox with the help of the add on which is known as External Application Buttons mod. I have used it and it reduces the time for accessing the other application. You can directly download it from the Mozilla site. To download click here
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

hi,

For mozilla firefox.
    tools ---adds-on---
    from this u can add ur external application by browsing them. this is the only way to use external application.

Thanks