Thread: Internet Footprinting : Hacking

Internet Footprinting : Hacking

Hi, I want to learn something more about the hacking than just the word and that is why I have made search on internet regarding this. And I come to the term of Internet Footprinting. So, if anyone is having more knowledge about it, then please give me some of the knowledge about it. Please, help me to identify the basics about it. Thank you in advance.

Re: Internet Footprinting : Hacking

Hi, I think I have never heard this term before. If you are talking about the internet hacking then you need to buy some or the other books related this and then you can able to get the more information about Internet Footprinting. So, just use any of the book which is specially created for the hacking and search this information in it. It will solve your problem and also give you more details than only Internet Footprinting. You will able to get free ebooks also, So, just make search of it.

Hello, I am not having great knowledge about the Footprinting, but I have heard that it is the technique which collects information about computers and the entities they belong to. If you want to achieve the Footprinting then you can make use of following techniques:

• Queries for DNS
    • Network enumeration
    • Queries to Network
    • Identifying the Operating system
    • Queries which are related to Organization
    • Queries regarding the Point of contact
    • Scanning the port of the particular system
    • Query of Registry

Hi, as you are asking the information regarding the Internet Footprinting which is related to hacking. So, it is the process where you collect all the data related to some or the other specific network environment. This is mostly used to find ways to move into the system of particular organization. It may give you some vulnerabilities and improve the ease with which they can be exploited. This started with the help of identifying the location and objective of an intrusion. Then information about the organization is collected by various ways. Such as you can make use of the organization's own Web page to get some social engineering hints to reach the objective. So, basically it is the technique to get more and more about the target.

Hello, you want to know What Is Footprinting? Then, Footprinting is the starting step where hackers starts to gather information about computer systems and the companies they wanted to target. The purpose of footprinting to learn as much as you can about a system, it's remote access capabilities, its ports and services, and the aspects of its security. If you want to hack the system then you need to have more and more information about the target. If you are not getting more then it is needed to know atleast something about the system. So, footprinting is basically gives you information about the target.

Hi, I am giving you some reference books which will help you to get more advanced knowledge about Internet Footprinting and Hacking. So just make use of it.

1. Inside Internet Security. What hackers don't want you to know - Addison-Wesley - Jeff Crume
    2. Maximum Security Fourth Edition - SAMS
    3. Hacking Exposed Second Edition - Osbourne - Joel Scambray, Stuart McClure, George Kurtz
    4. Network Intrusion Detection an Analyst's Handbook, Second Edtn - SANS GIAC - New Ruders - Stephen Northcutt, Judy Novak
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain