Thread: Tutorial on how to use Paypal

Tutorial on how to use Paypal

If possible, any experienced users cud post a Tutorial or guidelines on how to use Paypal to transfer money from one person to another eg: donating to someone through paypal.I tried reading up on how to use it on the internet but it's not been easy for me to understand so please bear with me and simplify it as much as possible.Could you also mention the advantages of Paypal compared to some of the other mediums.Thanks in advance.

Re: Tutorial on how to use Paypal

If your paypal account is not connected to a credit card or a debit card then first you must transfer some money from your bank account to your account.Now this will be known as your paypal balance and it will reduce as and when you make use of it to transfer money.Remember this transaction is possibly only if the person you are intending to send it to also has an account on paypal.Whenever you get a credit card or a debit card then you can update your paypal account to work using those.So after that whenever you make a transfer,the sum of money will be deducted from your card whichever it maybe be (debit or credit).To make the transfer you need the email of that person with which he is signed up on paypal,this same things applies to you should someone want to make a transfer to you.

Hey adolfa,I have an important tip to add to what the person above me has posted.Just look around on your account history page if you have a paypal cash account until you find the link for adding a credit/debit card and do not create a new paypal account if you get a credit card or a debit card. Basically all you need to do is go to the bank where you have your account and add a debit card to the account(or apply for credit card).If necessary close the old account and move to a bank that gives a debit card for free.

Hi guys,since most of the basic things have been covered by jackson i would just like to tell you that you don't need any credit or debit card for withdrawing your amount, basically Indian debit cards are not eligible to attach with paypal.Paypal doesn'taccept Indian debit cards, only credit cards can be attached.If you have withdrawn amount over 500 $ than you need to wait for next month to get the cash of 500$.If your amount is over 7000 INR you dont have to pay a single paisa for withdrawing but if its less than 7000 INR then you have to pay 50 INR.Hope this is of some assistance to you.Compare it to the cost of sending money by Western Union which is about $11 to send $100 US,yes this is a comparatively better option.
    Last edited by Techno01; 14-12-2009 at 09:58 PM.