Thread: Site Blocking Techinque : OpenDNS

Site Blocking Techinque : OpenDNS

It there any way to block the different sites without the use of any type of Firewall or the use of any type of third party software. So, help me if you have any type of solution. I am waiting for your reply. I have heard that you can achieve this with the help of Open DNS. Is is possible?

Re: Site Blocking Techinque : OpenDNS

Hi, I don't think that there would be any other software which will help you to achieve this. You just need to use the firewalls and antivirus software so that it will they will work for you. I don't think that you need to bother about anything if you are using one of them. So, just use the same and solve your problem. As it won't hurt your system or any of software you can make use of it, without any problem.

I am not having more knowledge about blocking any sites or traffic from internet, but as far as I know it is not possible to block particular site or something from the internet with the help of OpenDNS. Yes, you can block domains with OpenDNS. So, if there is any trick by which you can block the sites with the help of OpenDns, then you can search for that on internet as you can get this on OpenDNS site only. So, check out that.

Hello, site Blocking, filtering and controlling technique is used for the purpose of monitoring the different sites opened by the help of internet. If you are using the web filtering softwares or the Firewall then it will take care of it, but they can be expensive. OpenDNS is a free and by configuring it you can make it powerful. It needs one registration and then needs configuration. And then you needs not to worry. With the help of OpenDNS you can keep the track of traffic, usage, etc. So, you can use it. It will solve you problem.

I want to know what is OpenDNS? I have not yet heard this term. So, if possible please give me details about it. I want to know the details about it, so that it will help me to stop the traffic from the internet which comes from the unwanted sites and all. There are many sites which opens directly when I don't want to open that. So, it will be helpful to stop such unwanted sites. Please, give me details about it.

Hi, I think you need to use the firewall so that it will not make any type of problem to your computer. You can make use of your own computer firewall then you will able to get the solution for the same problem. So, I don't think that this will be problem for you. Or you can make use of the Antivirus software to block the sites which are malicious. So, you can get the solution about this without the use of OpenDNS. OpenDNS will help you to solve this by the use of your machine IP address and then it monitors your IP address to block the unwanted site.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain