Thread: Mobile broadband wont work under windows 7

Mobile broadband wont work under windows 7

HI. Well I have problem with the broadband card that I am using for internet access. I have verizon network broadband card through which internet is accessible via mobile. But the problem is as I have upgraded my system to windows 7 the card is not functioning with the same. It used to work well with windows sp but not now. Please help.

Re: Mobile broadband wont work under windows 7

The issue that your mobile broadband card not functioning under windows 7 may be due to the incompatibility feature that corresponds to its detection and functioning. Basically the problem is that the operating system software that is been installed is too sophisticated and requires updation in order to cope up with the it. So check out for the updation and install them.

You need to install the software under the compatibility mode so that it would function to its compatibility feature with the operating system. You can do it by selecting the the .exe file and then right click on the file. Run it as administrator. Also the thing is that if a window prompt appears that you need to allow access to the account in order to provide access. Click on allow and then select the mode under which it would work. Then look for the changes thereafter. This would enable your broadband card to work.

This problem can be sorted out by installing the older version of the broadband card. It is indeed necessary that you need to install the updated version of the software in order to cope with the operating system but we can choose an alternative and try for the thing if that does not work. there are issues that some updated versions do not work with windows 7. So check for the thing.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Take an archive of the installed drivers that worked with windows xp machine and then just zip it to the program files where it is been located. Now unpack or unzip the contents to the windows 7 and then install the drivers with the compatibility. Now as this has to be taken into consideration you have to make certain changes regardless with the installation of files. Changes as in you need install the drivers by unpacking the archive and setting up the installation files to the program files where the card is been installed.