Thread: Problem with xpmode and ip addresses.

Problem with xpmode and ip addresses.

Hi guys! I am a new computer student. And i am using the xp operating system on my machine. Though it is not much important to do it or you may say there is no need of doing this. But still for my satisfaction i want to set the IP address of my Virtual xp machine same as IP of my actual network. And how to log into Do anybody have any idea about this because now i just can not wait longer to do this. Please help me!!!

Re: Problem with xpmode and ip addresses.

It seems bit crazy to do this as it will going to give you nothing but still i have a solution for you which may help you doing it. Inside the virtual machine there you will find a menu bar showing " Action | USB | Tools | Ctrl+Alt+Del ". So go to the third menu that is tools, Select for settings inside tools. Now go for Networking and change the Adapter1 of the NAT that is Shared Networking with the actual network card and then you will be able to change the IP address.

This is a good step for learning about core of the computer for any newbie. But let me inform you that It is not going to help you or your computer changing the virtual machine Ip address to the same as your actual IP address. Though it is very exciting knowing about it but once you will change the it then Hope for the best as you do not forget any procedure or any mistakes in case you want to change it again. Because as soon as you will make your both the IP addresses matching to each other then it may happen that your network connection does not work. Then you have to change it back to it solder IP. So be careful while doing it.

Thank you so much for making me aware of the problem about the net connection. At last i have changed my Virtual IP address to the same as Actual IP of my computer. As you were saying, my network connection stop working from the instance when i have changed it. At the end i have to change that VM IP to the older one so that i can use my connection and browse something more about working of computers in a network.