Thread: Chrome plugin problem in openSUSE

Chrome plugin problem in openSUSE

Hi
    I use openSUSE as my operating system. I normally browse with the firefox browser but heard a lot about the google chrome. I downloaded it and installed it on my system. But the flash is not working with the browser. I have installed the flash plugin for the firefox browser and it also works with all the other browsers which use nspluginviewer. So, from where to download the flash plugin for google chrome. Another question is that how to get the default RSS reader in chrome? Currently when I click on the RSS subscribe link I am directed to the feed burner page and I am been asked to subscribe several services. Any advice on this.

Re: Chrome plugin problem in openSUSE

Hello
    I use fedora as my operating system. I have installed the flash plugin for the firefox and it works with all the other browsers including chrome. Even I was searching for the flash plugin on internet, but could not find one. So I installed firefox and then I installed the adobe flash plugin. I do not know the working behind it, but it is working for me. By my knowledge flash in chrome is not available yet, though I am not sure about this. My be this is because of the different operating system. It is just a guess, because even I am new to linux world. Hope you soon find a flash plugin for open SUSE.

Hi
    I use firefox as my default browser and my operating system is open SUSE. There is nothing missing from firefox that makes me to switch to any other browser. I am not saying that chrome is not a good browser, it's a great browser I have used chromium on my operating system for few days. And if I remember the flash plugin was working fine with chromium. But I have not used chrome, so I can not help you much. But I will soon find a way for the flash plugin for the chrome and will post back with it. Till then you keep trying and if you find one do post back.

Hi
    By my knowledge flash in chrome is not available yet
    It is there in the SUSE build and the 64bit version is available. You can find the flash in the softlink to your standard browser plugins. Or another option is to make a link to the plugins directory to the installed flash. The best way I would recommend you is to just copy the libflashplayer.so into the goolge plugins directory. Once you are done with it, open the browser and the plugin will be there. Try one of these you will successfully install flash plugin for chrome. It's not that difficult.