Thread: F5D7000 wireless card not working with Windows 7

F5D7000 wireless card not working with Windows 7

Hello, I am using the windows 7 currently on my laptop. Previously i was using the windows vista where i was using the internet connection without any problem. I have F5D7000 wireless card to connect to the internet. From when i have installed the windows 7, it started giving me errors while connecting to the world wide web. Whenever i try to connect it it says that " Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason ". Can anybody tell me that how do i get rid of this and when i will access world wide web ?

Re: F5D7000 wireless card not working with Windows 7

This will be definitely the problem regarding the driver. Windows 7 has so much problems while installing drivers and even after installing it, it does not works. But for F5D7000 wireless card you will find the exact driver by searching on the professional website of your laptop or your card. May be broadcom driver would be the perfect driver to install because this is the one that i feel going to work particularly in your issue.

Just try the following steps as i suggest. Go to the start button, Right click on the computer and select for properties. Go to the Device Manager that just popped up now. Try to find out Network Card with the yellow exclamatory sign next to it and click for Update Driver Software by right clicking on it. Then select Browse my computer for driver software or you may select it from a device drivers list on my computer. Now find out the manufacturer that is Atheros Communications Inc. DO NOT SELECT ONLY Atheros. Now inside the network adapter see to it that you find exactly the following:

Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card,
    Press NEXT, Then click YES and close it. Now you may click on network icon and try to connect your router.

It seems like that you are not having the proper driver installed in your computer. Or It may also happen that the driver installed in your laptop would not be supporting the corresponding card. Try installing the drivers of the windows vista for the same. It possible that it might work but i am not sure about it. But prefer to be installing it from the automatic bootable cd of the vista drivers.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain