Thread: Skype is not working on my PC

Skype is not working on my PC

Hi,
    My skype is not working on my PC.I think its corrupted a few days ago after that i reinstall that. Now it is stuck in "Signing in". I had logging into my Skype with my correct login on my laptop, but now hanged. I really want to use skype on my computer but i have no idea on what to do to fix the problem, I have searched on the internet for answers but non can help me resolved my issue.
    can anyone know how to fix this? I would highly appreciate the help. My system configuration is windows XP and i am using Firefox 3.5.5.

Re: Skype is not working on my PC

This error occurred due to no proper uninstalling of skype. So please uninstall skype properly by following method : use add/remove and allow deleting personal data then you need to select "show hidden files" in folder options on c:/Document and setting/your profile name/application data. It should not be any folder named skype, if you found skype is present in this folder, just delete this. Then go to C:/Documents and settings/All Users/Application data and check whether any skype folder is exit or not, if found, just delete. After this process install skype with different name like "skype 1.2.1". and reboot the system.If you found any issue reply.

You are using firefox so i will tell you the easiest way to rectify the problem, Just go into firefox tools, then add-ons and disable the extension. Now firefox and open a windows explorer and browse down the location C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions then you will find the folder {B13721C7-F507-4982-B2E5-502A71474FED} and delete them an open Firefox.

You may also check this. It may resolved your issue. Go to start, run , cmd, and click ok. In console window you can type this "telnet -ex 80.160.91.5 33033" and press enter. If you found connecting to 80.160.91.5 for an extended period, then the problem with your network connection and not from skype.