Thread: Internet Explorer 8 does not work from start menu

Internet Explorer 8 does not work from start menu

Hi, I am using the windows 7 on my computer and i have installed the latest Internet Explorer 8. Now whenever i click the link from my start menu's favorite then it opens IE 8 and shows CONNECTING. But it does not go further to this. It was working perfectly before this problem has occurred. But if i try to open the same from IE8 favorite menu then it works perfect.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 does not work from start menu

Actually your Operating System could have some problem with this. Because as you said you can open the same link from you IE favorites, there is nothing wrong with your Internet Explorer. To overcome this problem you can update your operating system which is windows 7. May be after updating your OS, this problem will probably leave you.

You said that your internet explorer 8 is showing connecting only and it is not actually taking you to the regarded link. There is no problem with the windows start menu favorite as it is perfectly opening the IE 8 for the particular link. All you need to do is uninstall your internet explorer and then reinstall it again. Then try this task again, i think it will work. This may be happening because of pirated version of IE.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I think it is not an issue of start menu. There will be something wrong with your windows 7. Make sure that you are not using the TRIAL version of windows 7. If not then make sure that it is not a pirated version as it happens that some functions does not work with the pirated version of windows. And generally it works initially but after some time it does not. Here you can do is Reinstalling the Operating System. And if you install it with automated bootable disc then it would be better for you to install it more easily.