Thread: Explanation of Firefox in Ubuntu

Explanation of Firefox in Ubuntu

Does firefox for Ubuntu comes with some additional or extra features and support. I had download Mozilla Firefox for my Ubuntu desktop. I had installed and nothing found new. What are the list of features provided in this version of Mozilla. There are some toolbars and links which I think of no use.

Re: Explanation of Firefox in Ubuntu

Like all applications, Firefox has its menus. Here is an overview of these menus. The first one is File: From this menu you can save a web page and print. Then comes Firefox Edit menu it includes the classic options of copy / cut / paste and research but also at the bottom of the menu "Preferences" which opens the Options window firefox. Display here you will find the traditional options, namely, the edit toolbar, text size, toggle full screen etc. It is almost same as other version.

There are some toolbar which allows you to look on search engines directly from firefox, the result will open in a tab. By clicking on the magnifying glass, you can select which search engine you wish to search. In this, you can store bookmarks to Web pages. By clicking on the shortcut it open the web page. To add a shortcut, simply right click in this site and click on "add a bookmark pages" or right click from a link of the page you want to add.

When you surf the web pages, certain information is stored on your computer by the browser (cookies, history of pages visited, cache etc.). From privacy menu you can define the behavior of the browser but also delete this information. In computing, a cookie (English word meaning "cookie") is a small set of information sent by a Web server to a web browser, which is then automatically returned when each new connection to the Web server.