Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE crashes frequently in Windows 7

IE crashes frequently in Windows 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 pro. on my system. I use Internet Explorer pretty frequently. I have noticed that IE crashes suddenly when I am using it. Since IE was working well with XP, I don't know whether the problem is in OS or IE. Any advice ??

Re: IE crashes frequently in Windows 7

Try doing the clean boot. For clean boot follow the steps :

1) Click Start.

2) Go to run command and type msconfig and press enter.

3) After going to msconfig click on Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click on the Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

After completing this process restart your system and check your issue.

Maybe your IE is been infected by the Virus. Run your anti-virus to clean the malware infections. You can also run CCleaner to clear the unwanted process. In IE 7 or IE 8, click Tools, then Internet Options and then Security. In security tab reset all zones to default level. If your IE is still giving problems open the browser without loading any add-ons or plug-ins. I think there is nothing to worry about Windows 7. This is pure issue of IE.

Sometimes Internet Explorer 7 may crash when you use it to visit some specific sites. Normally this problem arises when the registry subkey is enabled like :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\UseCoInstall

You can locate the following registry subkey in :
    Start Menu >Run >regedit > OK.
    Double-click the UseCoInstall entry to open the Edit DWORD Value box where you have to type 0, in value data box and then click OK.
    On the File menu, click Exit. Now your IE may work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson2 View Post
    Try doing the clean boot. For clean boot follow the steps :

1) Click Start.

2) Go to run command and type msconfig and press enter.

3) After going to msconfig click on Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click on the Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

After completing this process restart your system and check your issue.
    When I tried this solution which I got from the "support.microsolft.com" site, my computer did not reboot. It had to go through the process of "Startup repair" which eventually asked if it could do a restore - no choice but to say yes. It is working now but do not know yet if IE is any better.

It did not work. IE is still crashing when I go to more than one site.

Have you tried to change the registries as mentioned by the "Trio"?? Because many times changing the registry subkey has resolved similar issues. So I would like to recommend you to try it first and then if the problem is persisting, post here again.

If you are experiencing frequent crashes in IE8, you should first run your anti-virus software to check for malware. If you have a virus, remove the virus and then reset IE settings back to default to repair IE.

Next, clear your cache / delete browsing history, close out of IE, and open up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.

Finally, try resetting your IE settings back to default. Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > go to Advanced Tab > click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Cassandra
    IE Outreach Team

I am finding internet explorer 8 keeps crashing on startup in windows 7, I have tried running an sfc scannow uninstalling opera, mozilla firefox and google chrome, then unintstalling ie and reinstalling but its still crashing and im getting annoyed does anyone have any ideas?

Hi sasman20 - Did you try the steps I suggested above?

"clear your cache / delete browsing history, close out of IE, and open up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.

Finally, try resetting your IE settings back to default. Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > go to Advanced Tab > click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default."

Let us know if these steps fix the issue.

Cassandra
    IE Outreach Team

Hi thanks for you help it seems to be better now but when opening a new tab it tends to hang and stay 'connecting', also i googled something then clicked on the link and it took me to ebay which was not the right link. I suspect I may have some malware ? so I will check. I have AVG9 do you know if that has malware remover?

Cheers

What I think the issue in your browser is due to addons. This addons are installed in the browser in the form of toolbar and other buttons. You can simply click on Tools and then click on Manage addons. There you can disable each and everything whatever is mentioned in the web browser. The other easy way to fix the same is to re-install the entire browser back again. Best thing is to disable all the addons from the Tools menu and then try using the browser back again.

Hey ive tried that and its ok but still not 100% I think i have some malware and that the searc engine 'bing' i returning crap results/sites so think it will do fornow

Thanks for you help

Try downloading Malwarebytes that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance. You can refer here on how to scan your pc with Malwarebytes - How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware

This is almost always an ADD ON. Look under Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage Add-ons.

The Skype Add-on was the thing that caused my instability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast