Thread: IE7 session takes about 22 sec to open

IE7 session takes about 22 sec to open

Since 2 days, opening an IE session takes very long, about 22 sec, on my computer! There is "connection" to appear in the top bar. Once I had the page (orange) if I point a favorite, site access is instantaneous. If I open a new tab, it was again 22 sec. I did not touch any settings but I downloaded and installed SHIFT who have nothing to do with IE (Autopano and VueScan).

I did a defrag of C:, a stroke of TuneUp utilities in case but there is nothing! The Internet connection settings seem correct. Moreover the machine is normally reactive with my usual work: scanning negatives, PS CS3, NX2, printing, etc.

When I open Windows Mail, I have the same problem: the page comes immediately, but the mail coming soon.

I have a problem of connection but I do not see where I'm connected to a modem-router (Belkin) cable, and on any WiFi router problem connection to the laptop. I have not done anything about the management Belkin.

I do not know what to do.

Re: IE7 session takes about 22 sec to open

You may have software that try to make a connection when you boot your modem. It is a normal scenario where you have such a antivirus. You may also update Windows that will download, which is a good thing. But you may have other less desirable software. To find out, you can use the free tool called hijackthis,
    1. download it.
    2. play locally on your PC.
    3. copy the report generated.
    4. paste this report in the text box below http://www.hijackthis.de/en and press the button "Evaluate".
    5. read the advice given by the site.

Thank you, but I already tried that. "Hijackthis" found nothing harmful, just some stuff that he does not know. Is this still rather tied to IE and the page startup? When I'm in a tab, the connection to favorite sites is immediate. If I watch the network activity when I launch IE, there is nothing else, no more than 50% and 30% Cpu memory.

Have you tried it with Firefox to see the problem come from Internet Explorer or elsewhere in your PC.

Try also to empty the history of the temp files etc. with some cleaners available online.

No, I think, but I have such things on my PC that I hesitate to add more!
    And everything works except access to the homepage: "current connection" which takes 22 sec that is definitely a long time! And after the session opened, is now!

I forgot: Yes, I emptied the histories, temporary files, defragmented the registry defragmented C, unplugged the cable modem, disconnect the computer from the UPS.