Thread: How can I store small files online??

How can I store small files online??

I want to know that how can I store my small files online.? There should be some website where I can upload my personal files and can sort them on online folder. This can help me to access my files from any computer with the internet access for free of cost. Please help me out..Also specify that how much space is granted to us. How big file I can store online.? Are there any other formats supported by online.?
    Last edited by Its_Macy; 02-12-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Re: How can I store small files online??

First of all you need to understand your requirements regarding the applications. What shold be the methods of access and performance. You also want to be concerned about how to back up many small files, which is always a problem. Taking backup of the important files are necessary because it proves to be helpful when your files presented on server gets corrupted. You might want to look at using a NAS device. Such devices can scale very large and require very little administrative effort.

The storage of your files depends on size of that particular file. If it small file, you maybe want to consider Windows Live Skydrive. But first you must register and you will get 25GB online space for free!! Nowadays many websites are providing you web space for free of costs that too in GB's. Thats the great thing. You can use such websites to upload your files and you can access it through internet. Sometimes there is issue with the security regarding that files. Any one can access your files if it is not authenticated properly.

You can use some websites like Fileupload.com in which you can use the Web 2.0 technology and its tools with the flash. The maximum space for this site is 10 GB. This allows the users to upload any large file upto 10 GB. There are also some sites where you can upload your videos and mp3. The sites providing upload for videos and mp3 has comparatively less space to upload.

Dropbox, 2 gig free, auto syncs with folder on your drive automatically
    so your files are always current.