Thread: Issue with wifi on open SUSE

Issue with wifi on open SUSE

I am using Open SUSE operating system and here I am facing problems in that. I have issue with my wifi connection on openSUSE 11.2 64bit (GNOME). So to fix this issue I have configured all with Ndiswrapper, with the no issue. But the main problem starts with the Yast and the Network manager. So can anyone is there who can help me on this issue.

Re: Issue with wifi on open SUSE

Well regarding this I have tried to configure the internet with the terminal but I am not able to do this. In this first I have wrote the iwconfig wlan0 essid which is the name of my connection. And second time I have wrote the iwconfig wlan0 key which is my wep key. It did not work. So related to this issue I need your help.

I was thinking that an opensuse user would pop up and assist, but since no one has I will get a shot. So in this, what kind of the harms you are facing with the Yast and the Network Manager? And in this do you see your loaded driver when you type the "ndiswrapper -l" command? Tell me as soon as it is possible for you.

Whatever they are asking it is ok. But are you able to give me this information so I can help you in a better way. The first thing is that do you observe that the ndiswrapper module is overloaded when you run "lsmod|grep ndis"? The second one is do you observe any obtainable wireless networks when you open the Network Manager? And the last one is that what kind of wireless chipset is what kind of wireless chipset is displayed when you seem at the output of lspci?