Thread: Proxy configuration for Yahoo Messenger

Proxy configuration for Yahoo Messenger

Hi,, i am a Windows Xp user and using Yahoo Messenger as my default chat client. i just wanted to get some information from you all guys regarding using Yahoo messenger on Proxy server. I wanna do this to prevent my IP address and my ID/password to be get hacked. Hope you guys got what i wanna tell you..

So i request you guys to please make me know how to and what are the Proxy configuration settings for Yahoo Messenger ? Help appreciated.

Re: Proxy configuration for Yahoo Messenger

i don't think there is some serious need to use proxy servers for yahoo messenger but anyways, i am mentioning some tips or you can say proxy settings that you can use for using yahoo messenger. Just go through this :-

Configure your HTTP proxy for Yahoo! Messenger:

• Sign out of Messenger by clicking the Messenger menu and selecting Sign Out.
    • Click the Messenger menu again and select Connection Preferences.
    • Click Connect via a proxy server, then under this option, select HTTP proxy, and then click OK.
    • Go to Internet Explorer and configure your HTTP proxy server settings:
    • In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    • On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    • In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog box, under Proxy server select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box and enter information in the fields for: Address and Port, then click OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button and make sure your proxy settings for secure connections is correct.

To verify that your proxy settings for secure connections is correct, open Internet Explorer and try accessing the Yahoo login page. If you still can't access the this page from Internet Explorer, then please contact your network administrator to help you connect to the Internet.

The proxy server is where you will likely find the hackers that leak IP addresses all the time. If you still wanna wanna go with this than here are the configuration settings for Socks proxy for Yahoo Messenger:-

• Open Yahoo Messenger and from the Messenger menu select Connection Preferences.

• On the left pane select Connection and click Connect via a proxy server, then under this option, select SOCKS proxy.

• Enter information in the fields for: Server name, Port, User ID, Password, and then click OK.

Thats it..