Thread: Firefox 3.5 bookmarks issue

Firefox 3.5 bookmarks issue

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. Recently i had upgraded my web browser to the latest release of Firefox. Now the problem is that when i click n the bookmarks option or the bookmarks toolbar i can only see a quarter of my bookmarks on my system. However, they are still there because I can see them when I organize my bookmarks. What i need to do to resolve my Firefox 3.5 bookmarks issue? What setting do I need to change to view all of my bookmarks again while not organizing them? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Firefox 3.5 bookmarks issue

This actually happened a while before also, but had somehow managed to fix it or something, and things were happy again for a while. Firefox automatically makes a bookmark backup every day you use it (up to 5 backups total), with newer backups replacing the older copies.

If your bookmarks appear in the Bookmarks Manager but not in the main menu and can't be edited, this can be caused by a corrupt localstore.rdf file. Try exporting the IE favorites to an HTML file and then import that file into Firefox. You can fix this by either deleting the localstore.rdf file from the profile folder or, in Firefox 3.5 and later, by starting in Firefox Safe Mode and selecting the option to reset toolbars and controls, then clicking the "Make changes and restart" button.

I think you need to downgrad from 3.5 to 3.0.11, and I am having no issues anymore. You can replace your current bookmarks with a backup copy by opening the Firefox 3 Library window and using the "Restore" feature ("Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks -> Import and Backup -> Restore" ). I use Mozilla, not Firefox, and the links on my icon bar regularly disappear. I can solve the problem by going into the Bookmark Manager, and using the option "Set as Personal Toolbar Folder" on the View menu. Not sure why it happens, or if Firefox works the same way.