Thread: Opera Web Mail tips...

Opera Web Mail tips...

hi,, just for your information, i am a Windows Vista user. Basically i use Firefox as my default web browser, but after reading i post regarding Opera Web Mail here How to sign up for Opera Web Mail account i found it really very interesting. Well, i even signed up a account as well with the steps as mentioned in the above steps. Thanks for that.

Now as i signed up, i wanted to know some more tips regarding the same like importing messages from another email account, its context menu options, etc... Hoep you guys got what i wanna know..

Please make me know some important tips about Opera Web Mail.. Thanks in advance..

Re: Opera Web Mail tips...

Opera Web Mail allows you to access all of your e-mail even when you are not connected to the Web. Your e-mails are stored right on your hard disk so that you can read and respond anywhere. Follow this procedure to import messages, contact information, and settings from other e-mail clients:
    • Select Tools > Mail and chat accounts.
    • Click "Add" and select "Import e-mail".
    • Select which e-mail client to import from.
    • If Opera has not located the correct folder, click "Choose" to select the folder the messages are located in.
    • Select which account to import into; choose "<new account>" to import to a fresh account.
    • Select whether to import settings, contacts, messages, or a combination.
    • Click "Import" to start importing.

You can find some more important information about Opera web mail here:-
    1. How can i customize my Opera Mail account
    2. How to create Filters in Opera Mail

In case you need to set up a new account without importing old messages, than here is how to do that:-

1. Select Tools > Mail and chat accounts.

2. Click "Add" and select the type of e-mail account you want (most likely POP if you are unsure).

3. Enter your name, e-mail address, and optionally an organization you belong to.

4. Enter your user (log-in) name and password (given to you by your service provider).

5. Enter mail server information from your service provider.

6. Click "Finish" to create the account.

In Opera Mail, you'll find lots of options in the right click context menu. To know it properly just go through the list below:-

• Reply: Answer selected message
    • Reply All: Answer selected message and include all recipients
    • Forward: Pass selected message to a third party, with you as the sender in the "From" field
    • Redirect: Send selected message to a third party, keeping original sender in the "From" field
    • Follow/Ignore: Mark selected thread so that it will be followed or ignored
    • Mark: Mark selected messages as read, unread, spam, and so forth
    • Label As: Mark selected messages as Important, Funny, and so forth
    • Show In: Make selected messages available in other views
    • Go To: Navigate messages
    • Cut: Copy selected messages to clipboard; remove them from active view
    • Copy: Copy selected messages to clipboard; enables pasting to other views
    • Paste: Show copied (clipboard) messages in active view
    • RemoveFrom View: Remove selected messages from active view
    • Move to Trash: Move selected messages to Trash view
    • Delete Permanently: Delete selected messages permanently, without moving to Trash
    • Fetch Complete Message: Finish downloading selected messages (low-bandwidth mode)
    • Cancel Post : Request all news servers to delete posting (use in Sent view)
    • Edit: Continue editing selected outgoing message
    • Add Contact: Recognize senders of selected messages as contacts
    • View All Headers and Message: Show the selected message with headers

You can choose different settings for each of your accounts in Tools > Mail and chat accounts. Here is some examples:-

General
    1. The account name is only used within Opera, not in your messages.
    2. Account categories lets you select between groups of accounts, for example only display your three work accounts or your two home accounts.
    3. Your name and e-mail address appear in outgoing messages, for example Nice Person <someone@example.org>.
    4. Outgoing messages can indicate an organization you belong to (optional).
    5. Outgoing messages can indicate an alternate address people should send replies to (optional).
    6. You can send copies (Cc) or blind copies (Bcc) of all messages sent from the account to a particular e-mail address (optional).

Incoming
    1. Leaving messages on a server makes it possible to retrieve the messages again from another computer.
    2. If you read messages from multiple computers, they can be marked automatically if you have already downloaded (read) them from another computer.
    3. You can choose whether to download message bodies while checking messages or when reading each individual message.
    4. IMAP users can also choose whether or not to store local copies of downloaded message bodies.
    5. You can choose how often to check for new messages automatically and which accounts to include.
    6. You can decide which accounts to include when you check for new messages manually.
    7. You can have a sound played when you get new messages.