Thread: error in downloading torrent file

error in downloading torrent file

Hello friends, I am using torrent files for downloading purpose from long time. I am using BitTorrent software for downloading. But now i am facing a strange problem with the torrent files. The torrent files which i want to download from the internet are now opening from windows media player by default. The torrent file is not detected by the BitTorrent software. I am not able to download from torrent files. What is the problem and provide me the corrective measures.
    Last edited by CAILYN; 27-11-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Re: error in downloading torrent file

For downloading torrent file if you are using internet explorer browser. do not click on the file directly, instead right click on the file and select "SAVE AS" option from the list. Then select the location to save the file. Then double click on the file. If then also it is opened in WMP then right click on the torrent file and select "open with" option. Select the BitTorrent application from the option list.

If you are getting problem in downloading torrents from Internet explorer then you can try the Mozilla Firefox to download the torrent files because this browser gives the options before the download for saving as well as for opening the torrent file. For opening it with the BitTorrent select 'open with' and select the BitTorrent software. This will solve your problem.

If you are facing any problem in opening torrent file With the BitTorrent . Download the torrent file and just save the torrent file at any location in the computer system. Now do not Double Click on the torrent file. Instead of clicking the file Start the BitTorrent application. Select "ADD TORRENT FILE" icon available in the first row. Browse for the torrent file and select it. Now the torrent file will be opened.