Thread: How to Set up FileZilla

How to Set up FileZilla

FileZilla is an proper solution for storing data on an FTP account, to upload the regular information or data backup. I had downloaded the tool but I want to know step by step detail to configure the software properly on my Windows machine. I have a small network area of 4 PC. It is a very good alternative to FTP.

Re: How to Set up FileZilla

FileZilla is GUI based software. The screen are simple and easy to understand. The first part of the screen is divided to certain columns. Here you have to just browse the directory for your data and then drag to the other columns for uploading on the server. The application shows up the status below for the file being processed.

I will show you to connect to a FTP server there are two ways, fast connections and normal connections. I will show you to setup in the fast way. The connection is quick from a bar located just below the taskbar, putting the The address of the FTP server you want to log in address and whether it should be your log in and password. Once required fields are filled you only have to click on Connection Quick and the connection will start The normal connection, it is a little longer but has set up servers that you connect using it.

Once it is configure you can finally try to send / receive file on a remote server. Do not worry, there's nothing more simple. Just select the file or directory has the same upload / download to right click and select Download (if you Down-loader) or loaded on to the ftp server (if you send your file). Then the file or folder is uploaded / down-laded depends on the speed varies between servers but in general speed ADSL is 16ko/sec upload