Thread: What is the difference between PST and DBX files

What is the difference between PST and DBX files

Hi,
    Recently I have upgraded my system and installed Microsoft Office 2007. I need some information on Outlook Express files. The format which is used by them is .pst. Then what is .dbx files. And what is the difference between them. Second thing how can I join a mail several files at once and in the same how can I attach large attachment in mails. And how to send a Web page in the message bod and recall a message sent by mistake.

Re: What is the difference between PST and DBX files

Wondering what is the difference between these two files, well this is simple. PST file = or Personal Storage Table. The PST file is the file where are stored all your mail content but also in Outlook tasks, appointments and contacts. With each addition of an element, this file is automatically updated. This file is only present if you are not using Exchange server, in this case your data is stored on the Exchange server. DBX file is a file backup of emails for Outlook Express.

To join a mail several files at once just drag and drop the message file to start Explorer and here do not use Word as your message editor. Use a compression utility to have a single file. And for delaying a the mail with large attachment here Outlook allows you to delay the download of emails with attachments large to receive the most urgent messages. Click on Tools > Options > Mail tab > Send / Receive >. Then Select Edit > Download only headers for items above xxx KB. Se your maximum size.

When you're in the Web page, use the File / Send / Page by email. This options allows you to send the page in mail. As Outlook is your default mail client then it will open up. The html page is displayed in the message body. To the page is displayed without being connected to the Internet, open the message using the Format menu: Select the option Send pictures from Internet. If the Send / Page by E-mail is not available then in Outlook, Use the menu Tools / Options. Then click the Mail Format tab. HTML select list in Send in this format. Click the OK button. Then in Internet Explorer, use the View menu / Internet Options. Programs tab. Verify that Microsoft Outlook appears in the Mail. Click the OK button.