Thread: Internet Explorer gives syntax error at Line 4

Internet Explorer gives syntax error at Line 4

I recently got an error through a javascript window.onerror. The error states: syntax error in line 4 on Internet Explorer
    Code:
    var previouserror, title, address, reg, res, bad, Mails, result, crd, R, v, x, y, z, i, loc, valid, add, Tels;
    The same declarations does not pose any trouble in Firefox. Does anyone else had this problem? Could provide me some help regarding the same?

Re: Internet Explorer gives syntax error at Line 4

This kind of error message is very rare and so it is hard to find the actual problem. It is also unfair if we provide you a solution that does nothing in your case. So, in short, if you want to know the actual problem then it is better and get a more detailed explanation about your syntax error then go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab and uncheck the box labeled "show friendly http error messages".

Basically "syntax" means the spelling and/or grammar of a programming language. Computer languages are case sensitive. Each program defines its own syntactical rules that control which words the computer understands, which combinations of words are meaningful, etc. To stop getting these errors, open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, under the Advanced tab, check "Disable script debugging", click Apply, then OK.

As you have mentioned that you do not have any problems in Firefox, then I think the invalid syntax error could be a JavaScript bug. Did you try turning off JavaScript? Also, if you have a popup stopper, the error may be coming from there. If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall or repair your Internet Explorer.