Thread: What is Site Content Type

What is Site Content Type

Hi,
    I am newbie in Microsoft Sharepoint Service. I need some help regarding some doubts emerging in my mind while working on it. First what is a Site Content Type. I need a detailed instruction of this. And second thing which is a better way to associate a content type to a list. I had tried some solutions here but that does not help out much. And how can I associate a workflow to a list. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Site Content Type

A Site Content Type can, just like a Web Column have a range that goes from one site to a site collection. A Content Type, literally "Content Type" is used to define the nature of the information / documents from one or more lists. We can define the nature of information involving the metadata (Get Column) and optionally a template document. We can also associate a workflow.

You can associate a type of content to one or more lists or even another type of content. It is possible to inherit a content type from another. As a concrete example. Then you can create a content type named sample. In this type of content you create the following columns: Example of metadata, Number, Date, etc ( all columns on generic purchase supplies). Then you can go into account the type of information varies slightly depending on customer location. For example, according to it, you will issue a document in the client's language.

To associate a content type to a list you have to first click on your list, go to the advanced properties and allow manipulation of the content type. Then you can manually link the content type to the list. And for the workflow thing just click on your list, go to the advanced properties and click on "Workflow settings". From there you can associate a workflow to your list.