Thread: Save a flash file using Internet Explorer 8 browser

Save a flash file using Internet Explorer 8 browser

I want to save a flash file using Internet Explorer 8(IE-8) . Although I also have Mozilla Firefox but I rarely use it for web browsing. I am unable to save the flash file. How to identity the flash file ? What is its extention? I believe it get saved in some internet cookies folder, can I get it from there? Where is this folder if any ? Thank you all in advance.

Re: Save a flash file using Internet Explorer 8 browser

Its more easier in Mozilla Firefox to save flash files. This doesnot need any extra plug-ins. The process is to go to the Tools menu, then go to Page-Info, go to the Media Tab. This will display all the files and images that are downloaded by Mozilla. Locate your required Shockwave flash file with .swf extention and then save the file by 'Save As' to where you want.

The Flash files have *.swf extension. Thus you can identify flash files from their extention. To save a flash file using an Internet Explorer-8, go to the Toolbar and select the Tools Option. In here select the last option - Internet Options. Now this will display a small window. In that window under the first tab- General, you have to click on Settings which is in the Browsing History Section. Now click on the View Files. This will now display all the temporary internet files with cookies. Browse to your flash file and then copy it to your desired folder.

You can simply locate them in your C drive. Unhide all the files by opening My Computer and goin to Tools > Folder Option > View> Put a check mark against Show Hidden files and folders. Now, Open your C Drive > Documents and Settings > Owner> Local Settings> Temporary Internet Files. Find the flash file you want to save and copy it in some other folder.