Thread: Can i remove text formatting from Firefox

Can i remove text formatting from Firefox

HI, i have a very short query here and hope you guys can help me out for sure.. Actually i am working for a firm where i need to cope some text from Firefox browser which is my default browser and use to forward that copied text to my clients. But while doing so, all formats too get copied like, some hyperlinks, bold text, italic, etc.. I guess you got what i wanna say ?

So i wanted to know is there any way i can remove those text formatting and simply copy the the plain text from my browser, that is Firefox 3.5? Please make me know soon, if possible.. Thanks ..

Re: Can i remove text formatting from Firefox

Yeah, its really very painful if we copy text from any browser and we get all formatting copied as well. But anyways, fortunately we have a great solution for this stuff in Firefox. You can easily remove those text formatting with the help of a Firefox extension called as 'Copy Plain Text'. Once you get this add-on installed to your browser, you get an option in the right click menu to copy plain text. The options menu lets you format the copied text, including trimming space around the text, and removing extra spaces and lines.

Download Copy Plain Text

Copy Plain Text lets you copy any text format while browsing the Web and paste it as plain text. You can even set it to trim extra space in and around the copied text.The options for Copy Plain Text are easy to sort through, simply enable or disable features to suit your needs.Its really interesting and useful. Once we tried it by highlighting text on a Web page, including pictures and headlines, right-clicked, and selected the copy as the plain text option. When we pasted it into a MS Word document, the plain text appeared.

For more info, see this "Copy Plain Text" Firefox Add-on

Thank you very mush for the quick help, friends. That is all i wanted to know. Its really a cool extension, and it worked for me as i expected. I really appreciate all your help. Keep it up !!