Thread: Web Inspector in Safari

Web Inspector in Safari

Hi,
    What is Web Inspector in Safari browser. I had installed Safari recently. Before that I was using Firefox. What will happen if I disable it. For what does it used for. I don't think it is really needed to run so. I am trying to look out the usage of this tool. I also need help on resizing the text in safari. They are very small. Second thing what should be the size of the disk reserved for Time Machine and in the same case what connectivity choice for the hard dedicated to Time Machine.

Re: Web Inspector in Safari

WebInspector in Safari is a tool that is not enabled by default on safari. It provides access to a floating window which details the elements of an html web page. If you want to enable it then you have to type this command in the Terminal. defaults write com.apple.Safari \ WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true. It will then be accessible via context menu on a Web page. The trick has not been tested on Safari 2.0. And to resize text fields with Safari 3, you can see there is in the lower right corner of text fields multi-line, three diagonal lines. Drag to enlarge or shrink the field.

Apple recommends having a size reserved for Time Machine that 2 to 3 times the size of disc you want a backup. Careful to take into account external drives that you want to also back up in your calculation. Apple has not solved the problems with network drives, we can only recommend a dual connectivity USB 2.0 / Firewire. FireWire drives have the same advantage of being powered by the Firewire connection itself. What you can avoid transporting the food, often external and bulky, if you do take your disk with you and your laptop .

If you are working on Time Machine then you have to ensure that which format to use for the drive dedicated to Time Machine. Here Apple is very clear. You must use the HFS + Journaled. It is the only format that guarantees you a copy of your drive, preserving all the rights, and metadata associated with files. If you want then you can exclude certain files from the backup with TimeMachine. For doing this go into the options for Time Machine, and the window "Do not backup", click the "+" to exclude certain directories from your disk backup system.