Thread: Problem importing Outlook Express files to Thunderbird

Problem importing Outlook Express files to Thunderbird

Hi,

I am under Outlook Express for many years and plans to go under thunderbird. I have a many email addresses and I want to transfer it to thunderbird, problem is that I can not import files in Outlook Express. I tried to report each turn Thunderbird identity as primary, but it doesn't happen. How do I make the files unique to each OE identity are found only in the corresponding identity in Thunderbird.

Re: Problem importing Outlook Express files to Thunderbird

Be careful while importing Outlook Express files to Thunderbird, don't get confused with Identity in OE and with Thunderbird. In OE identity is the "profile" of Thunderbird. And the address book is comprehensive in each profile. Thunderbird identity has no equivalent in OE. TB in identity is an alias to an address connected to a main account.

If you want to create as many profiles as you have TB identities OE: start -> run (Run) -> type: Thunderbird-p -> create a profile. After creating the profiles, you must create a shortcut on your desktop for each user / OE identity, so that everyone can connect easily.

In OE identity is in the "profile" of Thunderbird. And the address book is comprehensive in each profile. Does that mean it is the same for all profiles?
    I have several correspondents in each OE identiity. After creating the profiles, I must create a shortcut on your desktop for each user / identity OE

In other words, when I leave a profile, I close Thunderbird and open it with a new profile? Precisely what I wanted to avoid now. At least with OE, I could switch identities without closing it, I just click on "Switch Identity"

E-mail files in Thunderbird are standard plain text "mbox" format, which almost all mail programs can use or import. Many proprietary mail programs have a function to import from Eudora, which also uses the "mbox" format, this function should read your Mozilla mail files properly. Use DbxConv or dbx2mbox to convert the files. Used by Outlook Express dbx files to mbox. Then import the mbox files using the extension ImportExportTools. This extension is called the extension mboximport.