Thread: transfering saved password from one PC to other PC

transfering saved password from one PC to other PC

I working on HP desktop at home and using Sony laptop in office. My passwords are saved in Firefox which is installed in desktop PC. I want to transfer my saved password from one PC to other. When I used internet with my laptop, I have to type my passwords and I want to avoid that. Please suggest me some plug-in or software.

Re: transfering saved password from one PC to other PC

There is a simple solution on that, use MozBackup. MozBackup is perfect and easy way to migrate your saved password, bookmarks from PC to another PC. You can transfer your Firefox setting also. Install Mozbackup and run that program, click on next and select backup profile button and then select Firefox version from the list and then press next. Select profile and saved your backup. Copy that back up using pen drive and paste it to other PC. On that PC install Mozbackup and select on restore profile and click on next. Now you have saved password and Firefox setting in other PC

To transfer saved password from one PC to other, you required two files key3.db and signons.sqlite. Key3.db files has encryption key for signons.sqlite file. So that without matching key3.db you can not use encrypted password.You can use password Exporter extension to backup and restore names as well as passwords.

If you don't want to use any software or plug-ins, just install functional version of Mozilla Firefox Portable 3.5 RC3. With this version you can transfer personal data like password as well as bookmarks from on PC to other. Addition to that it has new features like small task manager, smart address bar, id sites etc. I suggestion would be use Mozilla Firefox Portable 3.5 RC3. You can use it to resolve your problem.