Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Firefox Hangs while downloading files

Technology & Internet

Old 16-11-2009

Firefox Hangs while downloading files

Hi,

When I try to download a file in my firefox browser, the downloading completes till 94% or 96% and then Firefox hangs until the download is completed. I don't want to reinstall it as I have added plugins many plugins and rss to my firefox which is hard to recollect it again. How can I solve stop this ???

Old 16-11-2009

Re: Firefox Hangs while downloading files

This is probably caused by your antivirus scanning network files while downloading. Which antivirus do you use? I know AVG creates some delay while surfing even. You can also enter about: config in the URL / address bar and search for 'exploration' - disable scanning downloads when finished. Or double-click the pref to put it on 'click false', or right -> Enable.
Old 16-11-2009

Firefox Hangs while downloading files because as the download history increases, files may take longer to download Firefox and can appear to hang when downloading. In the Firefox menu, go to "Tools -> Downloads" and click "Clean Up" (Firefox 2) or "Clear List" (Firefox 3) to clear the download history.
Old 16-11-2009

Firefox can block the download of files if the folder in which Firefox is trying to save the download does not exist or is not accessible. Trying to restore browser.download.lastDir preference in about: config. You can also try to choose a new download folder settings in Firefox (Tools -> Options -> Home / Downloads -> Save files to -> Browse) and change the location of the download file.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,