Thread: How to disable web access for other users ?

How to disable web access for other users ?

Hi,

I don't want to give web access to other users on my pc. I just have all accounts password blocked so they can't get on at all, but I would like to allow them to log in to their user names, just without internet access. I would like to completely disable access to the websites, but do not see how. How should I proceed?

Re: How to disable web access for other users ?

Unfortunately Windows XP Home does not have the Group Policy snap-in that Windows XP Professional has. I use the firewall settings to block certain websites but you can configure it to block all websites. Removal of all browsers should work too, since you need a browser to download other browsers. They are many ways to download directly from the browser, but it is beyond the knowledge of people. Then your internet access is restricted per user as opposed to being PC dependent.

There are firewall software like WinProxy Ositis, you can choose to allow or disallow sites and the use of blacklists and whitelists for a wider selection process. Also, remember that you can "navigate" from anywhere in Windows that has an address bar, including desktop folders, Explorer and Outlook. Because it also records all interaction through the firewall, you can create a policy for the client alerting users that their actions are being watched.

To restrict web access for other users, you can do two things: one is to go exploring around security policies to go on Start and then click Run. In the Open box, type mmc. and add a complement of security policy. To add a snap-in. First, open File menu, click Add / Remove Snap. In the Add / Remove Snap-in dialog box, click Add. In the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box, click the add to be added to the console, and then click Add. You can add additional supplements repeating steps 1 through 3. That's it.