Thread: Improve wireless connectivity in Windows Vista

Improve wireless connectivity in Windows Vista

Hi,
    I am trying to mange a number of Wireless Network on Windows Vista. I need some suggestions in improving the quality of this network. What are the best practices for this. You have see a small arrow next to the address bar in Internet Explorer 8. I want to remove only some address from it not all. If I clear history then everything is gone. And last ow to install the livebox on Windows Vista. Thanks in advance.

Re: Improve wireless connectivity in Windows Vista

TCP IP stack has been completely rewritten for Windows Vista using new features that make the network faster, more reliable, but when the battery is used with a little antiquated technology, the opposite is true, and it may disable features for regain a normal flow. In our case, it is to disable the automatic configuration auto tuning. To do this, run a command prompt and type the command there netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable. Replace disable to normal to restore the original configuration.

Open the network connections by going to: Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Then just right click on Wireless Network Connection and then choose Properties. In the tab Wireless Networks, check the box Use Windows to configure my wireless network. If this tab does not exist, then go to Start > Run and type services.msc and click OK. Then double-click on Wireless Zero Configuration in the General tab, choose Automatic to Startup Type, then click OK. Back in the window Network Connection and then repeat the above step.

Some of you may find it difficult to recognize their Livebox on Windows Vista, especially if you try to use your old drivers located on the cd-rom Orange. To remedy this problem, Orange has released a new cd of drivers who may be within each agency or can be downloaded from the official site. With Internet Explorer when you click the small arrow to the right of the address bar, you can see the list of previously typed addresses. This feature addresses typed memory lets you save time not having to retype it because of the autocompletion Internet Explorer. To clear some address open registry editor by clicking on Start > Run and type regedit. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ TypedURLs In the right side, then delete the key containing URLs that you no longer wish to see.