Thread: How SkyDrive Explorer works

How SkyDrive Explorer works

Hi,, while browsing on this site, i found and application called as SkyDrive Explorer. Well, i found it really effective storage system but before installing it to my system, i wanted to know how SkyDrive Explorer works ? I mean how can i save files and explore it from some where else ? Hope you guys got what i want to say... Please let me know soon. Thanks...

Re: How SkyDrive Explorer works

I can say that it is a substitute of floppy, usb , etc.. that are known for storing files and help us to transfer from one computer to other. When you store your files on SkyDrive, you can access them from virtually anywhere. It's a fast and easy way to work on a file both from home and at work, without transporting it back and forth. You can also sign in to SkyDrive from a friend's computer, or at an Internet café or library, and work with your files. SkyDrive Explorer will organize the interaction with the online storage itself.

SkyDrive Explorer is a free, easy-to-use, but very powerful extension for Windows Explorer. With SkyDrive Explorer you can make any every-day operations with your documents from Microsoft Live SkyDrive service using Windows Explorer, as if they were on your computer. With SkyDrive, you can create three different types of folders that can be accessed from the Internet (these folders are stored on a server that is managed by Microsoft):
    • Personal folders that can be accessed only by you.
    • Shared folders that you can set up to be accessed by the people you want to share your files with.
    • Public folders that anyone on the Internet can access

After the installation you will see the "SkyDrive Explorer" icon in My Computer, this is your entry point into fast and comfortable work with online Live SkyDrive service.

To start work and open the session, you must enter the Windows Live credential into the logon dialog. Work session is active until the reboot or forced logout from SkyDrive Explorer, which can be made by clicking Logout command in the toolbar. During the session the credentials are not requested again.

• With the current beta version you can enjoy the following functionality:
    • View the structure and contents of folders in SkyDrive
    • View files information (type, size, creation date in GMT format)
    • Create new root folders and subfolders
    • Copy files into the storage
    • Delete files and folders
    • Copy files from the storage to the computer
    • Copy folders and subfolders from the storage to the computer saving their structure
    • Use Drag & Drop for files operations
    • Rename files and folders
    • Create links to SkyDrive folders
    • Copy URL of the selected objects into the Clipboard
    • Autoupdate feature

To get started using SkyDrive Download it from here and. Once installed double click the icon in the My Computer and sign in with your Windows Live Id.

now, in order to add files just select a folder and click Add files. Browse to the file you want to save on SkyDrive, and then click Open. If you have more than five files to upload, installing the upload tool is a good idea. Just click Install our upload tool to get started installing the ActiveX control. The upload tool lets you drag files to SkyDrive. When you are done adding files, click Upload.