Thread: Cannot establish Wireless Internet on Samsung NC10

Cannot establish Wireless Internet on Samsung NC10

I am using a Samsung NC10 Laptop. It has 1.6-GHz Intel Atom processor with 1GB of RAM. Earlier when I had it brand new it had Windows XP installed on it. Now I have installed Microsoft Vista Ultimate on the same laptop. But after insatlling Vista I am not able to connect to WLAN i.e it is not connecting to internet in Wireless. I have not changed the IP Address. Help please.
    Last edited by KANAN14; 06-11-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Re: Cannot establish Wireless Internet on Samsung NC10

This can be due to some driver problem. I also had a problem when I bought a new HP laptop to connect to the internet in Wireless mode. I had Windows Vista on it and used to browse the net using Mozilla Firefox. But the root cause was due to some of missing drivers. Check that the necessary drivers are installed. Or re-install the drivers.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Firstly check that all the LAN drivers are installed. Since you switched from Windows XP to Windows Vista these might have gone missing or not installed properly. You might need a WEP key to get access to internet via the router, if required. Some WiFi networks use a security code. This code allows a group of devices on LAN to exchange encoded messages with each other. Outside users are barred from veiwing this message. This Security key is called a WEP Key

Hi to all.
    I am using a LG laptop with 1GB RAM. I also upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista. I was able to get to internet using the LAN cable. But when I tried to connect to internet in Wireless state, I was not able to get the connection. I straight ran the Network Set Up Wizard. Choose Wireless connection. Now disable your LAN connection. This might be the solution.