Thread: Block Flash on Internet Explorer

Block Flash on Internet Explorer

I want to block Flash on Internet Explorer because this sparkling flash objects which gets loaded on my computer and slow download my computer speed and at the same time if i want a icon where the flash object is, & if i click on it, it will enable that flash object. I have try to Google it but was not able to get proper solution for it. Does anyone has any idea about it ?

If you want to disable Flash on Internet Explorer then you can do it with the help of Flashblock, where flash block is an extension for Internet Explorer that takes approach when you are dealing with Macromedia Flash content on a page and at the same time it will block all the flash content loading on your system, if you enable it then leaves a place where you need to click on it to view Flash content.

If you really want to block Flash when you are using internet explorer then you need to change some registry values before going ahead i would suggest you to take backup of your registry, after that click on start go to run option and type regedit and press enter key, then registry window would get open and now navigate to the following location HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility, then create a sub-key and named it as {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}. Now in the right pane, create a new REG_DWORD value named Compatibility Flags and set the data for Compatibility Flags to 400, now close your registry and reboot your computer for changes to get effected.

If you want to disable or block flash on Mozilla Firefox then you need to first close your Firefox and now browse to chrome folder where you have installed Firefox, over here you can see a profile which ends with default and has some characters, if you are on Windows then it would look like this C:\Documents and Settings\henrik\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5f06xnf4.default\chrome, then download userContent.css from official site and save it in chrome folder, then finally restart your Firefox.