Thread: Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes automatically

Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes automatically

Hi,

I am having problems with my Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes by itself automatically before it fully opens any web page. If you hit stop before it closes then remains open, but closes again by itself before opening any other page. I tried all the virus scans and reinstall IE, but none of them worked. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Re: Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes automatically

There can be many reason that Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes automatically. Did to install an updated Flash Player. To access Internet Options without opening Internet Explorer. Go to Control Panel, click on Internet Options. Try opening Internet Explorer 8 without plugins. You can also try Disabling your Flash plugins. Or else try to reset Internet Explorer 8, if its is unstable to default. If you have something to do with the recent Flash Player then update it. I installed the update required under the procedure and my Internet Explorer 8 is working fine.

Test in the menu bar, click Tools - Add-on management -> enable and disable Add-ons and disable some of the unusual such as Google Earth plug, error time, and more, often not used. It's easy to enable it again if and when necessary. Also, run a adware, malware removal program.

Try Resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings. This removes all changes made to Internet Explorer since it was installed, but does not eliminate your bookmarks or feed. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer in Windows.
    2. Click Start, And then click Internet Explorer.
    3. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options.
    4. Click the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
    5. In the readjustment of Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    6. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK twice.
    7. Close Internet Explorer and then reopen it. Changes its

If resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings does not fix the problem, uninstall Internet Explorer 8 and then reinstall it. Also run AdAware, scanned for viruses, disable 3rd party, disabled microsoft firewall, and check for BHO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    Hi,

I am having problems with my Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes by itself automatically before it fully opens any web page. If you hit stop before it closes then remains open, but closes again by itself before opening any other page. I tried all the virus scans and reinstall IE, but none of them worked. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
    Hey Guys!
    I got the same issue. Just thought that it could be a malware infection and it was true. I downloaded MalwareBytes free version from www.malwarebytes.org had to use Google Chrome to download it as IE8 was quiting automatically. Ran MalwareBytes, performed a quick malware scan and restarted the computer. IT RESOLVED THE PROBLEM. Also it fixed some other smaller issues system speed and freezing issues.
    Try it and enjoy.
    Faiyaz.