Install firefox 3.5 in Ubuntu
1) Automatically detects the new release of firefox, sea-monkey and thunderbird from the Mozilla server.
2) Automatically integrates firefox plug-ins which you have installed.
3) It can remove the mozilla official builds.
4) Even it can restore system to pre-installation state.
1) For installing Ubuntuzilla first you have to download the following dependencies. Issue the command
sudo apt-get install libstdc++5 libnotify-bin
3) Double click on the downloaded file and install Ubuntuzilla.
Installing Firefox 3.5
1) Type ubuntuzilla.py in the terminal windows.
2) It will show the latest version of firefox.
3) That is it. Goto Application>Internet>Firefox, the latest firefox 3.5 will be up and running.
1) Just issue the following command in the terminal window
ubuntuzilla.py -a remove -p firefox
Re: Install firefox 3.5 in Ubuntu
After the release of firefox 3.5, I was eager to download the latest version of firefox. But was not successful. Thanks to Trio for sharing the post with everyone. Now I have downloaded firefox 3.5 successfully with Ubuntuzilla. This is easy way to install firefox 3.5.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Install firefox 3.5 in Ubuntu"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Can I install firefox 4 with the current version of ubuntu||Aanisah||Technology & Internet||5||29-06-2011 12:05 AM|
|Install Firefox 4 Beta on Ubuntu||Aalap||Technology & Internet||5||24-06-2011 06:57 AM|
|How to install Google Gears for Firefox 3.5 on Ubuntu||Pyrotechnic||Tips & Tweaks||2||18-11-2009 07:08 PM|
|Cannot install firefox 3 in Ubuntu 9.10||UbuntuOSX||Operating Systems||3||26-10-2009 11:20 AM|
|Cannot install firefox on Ubuntu 9.04 Server||LinuxeD||Operating Systems||3||03-09-2009 05:35 PM|