Thread: Sharing programs with NetMeeting on Windows Xp

Sharing programs with NetMeeting on Windows Xp

Hi friends, i need some urgent guidance from you all guys. First of all thanks to you all for previous helps regarding Netmeeting. As you all know i am new for NetMeeting, i wanted to know the program sharing process with the same on my Windows Xp computer. Could you please let me know how to share Programs with NetMeeting ? Please help me soon as i have to do that in next few hours.. Thanks for all your kindness.

Re: Sharing programs with NetMeeting on Windows Xp

To share a program within NetMeeting, click the Tools menu, point to Share Applications, and then click the program to share. Or, you can click the NetMeeting icon on the taskbar, point to Share Application, and then click the program you want to share. Or, you can click the Share button on the toolbar displayed for the current call.When you select a program, it is seen on every other computer in the conference. The name of the program's owner is displayed in the upper- right corner of the window.

Program sharing is achieved by passing graphics, mouse movements, and keyboard inputs to the other computers in real time. Your color and resolution settings have an impact on how items are displayed on other computers. If the originator of the shared program is using 1024 x 768 screen resolution, but a participant is using 640 x 480 resolution, the participant's screen will be too small to display the whole window.

To transfer a file in NetMeeting 3.01, drag the file into the file tranfer window or browse for the files in the file transfer window. To open the file transfer window click File Transfer on the Tools menu. From this window you can also choose to send the files to a single participant or to all participants of your meeting.

If the screen refresh is slow when you share a program than verify that NetMeeting is configured for the maximum speed your connection allows. To determine the speed of your Internet connection, refer to the documentation for the hardware that is being used to connect your computer to the Internet (modem, ISDN, or network adapter). To change the speed NetMeeting is configured to use, follow these steps:-

1. In the NetMeeting window, click Options on the Tools menu.
    2. In the Options dialog box, click General.
    3. Under Network Bandwidth, click the appropriate option for your connection. The available options are 14400 BPS Modem, 28800 BPS Or Faster Modem, ISDN, and Local Area Network.
    4. Click OK.