Thread: How to Block Remote Images in thunderbird ?

How to Block Remote Images in thunderbird ?

Hi,

Recently I installed Mozilla Thunderbird 2. Is there a way to disable the feature of Thunderbird blocks remote images in all messages annoying.I am trying to figure out how to change my settings so it will load the images automatically without my having to click on the button each time. How to Block Remote Images in thunderbird ? It is really only want to disable the feature entirely.

Re: How to Block Remote Images in thunderbird ?

With Thunderbird, remote images in mail seems to function show or not depending on the site and possibly other unknown factors. The images in the mail from some sites not listed, but when you click Forward, the images are shown in new "Compose Fwd" pop-up box. If you forward the message to yourself, some or all images appear received in the mail. As for the source of the message indicates that a reference, not the image, is sent.

The box in Tools / Options / Advanced / Privacy "Block loading of remote control images in email messages " is not checked. I have no themes or extensions. The sites involved do not match any message filters. I am running Firefox 3 with Adblock installed.

Thunderbird by default, blocks remote images and other content in messages from people who do not know. This protects your privacy because spammers can use remote content to detect if and when you see a message from them, and therefore to verify your email address.

When receiving a picture message distance, Thunderbird will display an alert indicating that images are blocked, and the images in the message body will be replaced by mere place holders (screenshot). To view images remotely, for example, if you subscribe to an e-mail newsletter that regularly includes images from a distance all you need do is click the "Show Images" or "Load Images" button that appears to the right the alert message.

Thunderbird blocks all remote images by default. If you want to open it, adds an entry to the address book that has the "Allow remote images in HTML mail" option enabled for the specific sender. You can also change this option for an address book entry, entering the address book, looking at the properties of an entry and select / deselect "Allow remote images in HTML mail" option. Unfortunately, this can be done only by an address book entry at a time.

Try the following steps, to Block Remote Images in thunderbird :
    1. Preferences / Advanced / Config Editor
    2. Type in this pref name:
    3. mailnews.message_display.disable_remote_image
    4. and toggle that value to true
    5. That should turn off the remote content blocker for you.

You can remotely install images for each individual account. For example, you can allow your friends, or some senders newsletter, to send images from a distance, while other mail is blocked. For your settings, go to your address book, double click on your friend, and check the box on the front page, groubbox second: "Allow remote images in HTML mail.